Bookmark.Net is a .Net based social bookmarking application developed using the ASP.NET MVC Framework.
This project provides a .Net based social bookmarking application implemented using the ASP.NET MVC Framework.
This aims of this project are:
- Provide a useful, working example application developed using the ASP.NET MVC Framework and Linq to SQL.
- A fun project for people to collaborate on.
- A .Net based social bookmarking application.
Note: This project is not intended for commercial use (yet).
We are looking for developers to help make this project a success.
Current functionality includes:
- Basic framework
- Initial database layout
- Ability to add a bookmark
- View for listing all users bookmarks, a single user's bookmarks and each of these by tag.
- As use of this is intented for internal networks initial security has been kept simple (new anon users are automatically added to the db).
- Edit functionality
- Tidyup stylesheets & layout
- Make Linq statements more efficient (eg don't return to the db to get id's of new rows)
- Related Tags
- Publish feeds/RSS (good chance to play with WCF service model)
- Show count next to each tag
- Add notes to each item
- Implement better security eg ASP.NET membership
- Authorisation: allow user to make items private (currently everything is public)